1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

82 XJ 750

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by ViperArt, Aug 12, 2019.

1. ViperArt

ViperArt New Member

Just got this machine from a friend. It hasnt run for a while ( 4 years ). I have plans on a complete restore to rider condition. I will take any input. PLans are to drain the tank, pull carbs and completely rebuild, drain and replace all break components, all new break pads, new tires, new battery, and probably from looking at it, replace all motor seals. It seams like clutch is a little sticky so, will pull it apart clean it all up and reassemble and retest. Need a new speedo cable, clutch cable, and front turn signals for sure. I immagine the list will grow as i go. I also know ineed to rebuild the front forks. They are shot.

Anyway, names Art. Live in iowa. Been a biker for 30 plus years. Currently own this 82, an 07 m109r, with another hayabusa in my future really soon. I have owned 5 hayabusas, 2 gsxr 750s, another 09 m109r, a few early 90s ninjas, couple kz1000s, and a few honda f2s and f3s. Have always done all my own work.

2. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

going to do a little fishing here :)
    what? no Harley Davidson's

3. ViperArt

ViperArt New Member

LOL ok i will take the bait...you couldnt give me a hardly. i prefer to spend my time riding. not cleaning up after her.

Timbox likes this.
  4. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

i can't even spell it and you've owned 5 of them. is this a love/hate thing going on?