1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

82 xj650rj need tci

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by Wildabeast, Oct 27, 2023.

1. Wildabeast

Wildabeast New Member

I believe I’ve burnt my TCI and looking for a new one. Anybody have something workable?

2. Dan Gardner

Dan Gardner Well-Known Member Premium Member

Note: The RJ TCI (5V2-82305) is the same as the non-YICS 650 Maxims (80&81)

3. Rooster53

Rooster53 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Is that timing you are referring to? Didn't the 80 and 81 lack the side stand switch so no ignition cutoff, which means he would be giving up that safety feature?

Why do you think you burnt your TCI? There are a couple on eBay now but a bit pricey at about $100, but that model is a bit harder to find

4. Dan Gardner

Dan Gardner Well-Known Member Premium Member

It’s the same part number in the parts catalog (???)

5. Wildabeast

Wildabeast New Member

Ok so ive been rebuilding the bike for a while now and believe me I know how hard this particular model tci is to source. (hence why im here with a long standing post request lol) Anyways I dont think i know the tci is fried. Im comfortable enough with myself to 'tap into the black box' so opened er up and sure enough the 'good' tci I own has blown a capacitor. Another tci I own has some peeling copper film. I will be attempting to repair them but i also would like another known working one since im in the process of putting all the electrical back on my bike.

6. Wildabeast

Wildabeast New Member

Also what safety features hehehe