1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

AIRHEAD VALVE ADJUSTMENT with Pics

Discussion in 'XJ DIY How-To Instructions' started by bigfitz52, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dstrong77

Dstrong77 Member

Is that a fee I would pay or the website provider?

2. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

That is a fee the photo owner would pay. Unless the owner of the Photobucket account wants to pony-up $300 per year, or move the photos to another location, there isn't anything anyone else can do to get the photos back. The moderators are working on a solution, but it may not pan out.

It's not just commercial sites that are affected. If I had a personal web page (I used to) and wanted to share photos from my Photobucket account on that site (by embedding them), I would still have to pay PB $300 per year.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  3. k-moe

4. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

Bax, I may be able to help- tell me exactly which step you need a pic of....

Dave F

5. GD_1911

GD_1911 New Member

OK guys...Since this was probably one of the most helpful threads on here for us newbs I'm gonna do some digging and recreate BigFitz's original post.

6. Dstrong77

Dstrong77 Member

the photobucket extension tool does fix the missing images at least it did for me on chrome.

XJ550H and k-moe like this.
  7. k-moe

You'd have to do that with photos that you take yourself. Without Fitz's permission, nobody can re-post his images (or his writing for that matter)
    We do not want to run afoul of copyright law, even though the risk of prosecution is slight.

8. dkavanagh

dkavanagh Well-Known Member Premium Member

I'm all to happy to take pictures while I do the work, but I did it last summer and hope not to have to adjust them for a few more years!

9. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

The first time is the hard one.....after you did this, the next time is easy. Just check clearance;

1. If out, check your list that has the current shim ALREADY WRITTEN DOWN, and swap to the correct one.'
    2. If in-spec, don't worry about it.

k-moe likes this.
  10. GD_1911

GD_1911 New Member

That didn't even cross my mind. I'm have no idea about the legality of reposting other peoples images from previous posts (mods?) but I have it ready to post if you guys want.

11. GD_1911

GD_1911 New Member

Found this on the Photobucket terms
    "By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the Photobucket Services, you hereby grant to Photobucket and other users a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, except Content marked "private" will not be distributed outside the Photobucket Services. Photobucket and/or other Users may copy, print or display publicly available Content outside of the Photobucket Services, including without limitation, via the Site or third party websites or applications (for example, services allowing Users to order prints of Content or t-shirts and similar items containing Content)."

What's the verdict, am I good to post these?

12. k-moe

The moderators (Check my avatar) have been discussing this for some time. Note that the language you cite is there to cover Photobucket's butt, not that of the owner of this foum. The legal waters of that language are a bit muddy, but I'll bring it to the other mods and the boss' attention.

13. kosel

kosel Active Member Premium Member

As it happens, while the original photos worked, I printed the web-page to a PDF so I could later print it on paper and use it in the garage. Because I still have PDF, it's possible to use screen captures to re-create the images, assuming permissions are obtained.

14. k-moe

Please discuss this in the appropriate thread.
    http://www.xjbikes.com/forums/threa...ing-pics-in-posts-threads.114703/#post-578147

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.