1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Any New York or PA riders here?

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by thefox, Jan 14, 2006.

1. NACHOMAN

NACHOMAN Member

Mid-hudson valley NY for me. I'm in for a trip if my seca is together by then.....

2. fish4walleye

fish4walleye New Member

Hi all,went to post & found I'd not registered,been reading for a few months now,,I live near the NY/Pa. border on Rt. 79 in NY started riding last year after taking the MANYS BRC,purchased a 82 Maxim 750 and love it(but need to figure a way to attach saddle bags),put about 4000 mi. riding locally, road thru areas in poconos,catskills,leather stocking region and finger lakes,all day trips,most included the wife riding with me,we both have back problems so ride about 45-50 mi then take a short break but it makes for a nice relaxing day when we have no destination and stop often,hope to maybe meet up a few from this site and share a ride,,,Ride safe,Mark

3. geebake

geebake Member

So gang, it's getting warm. Anyone want to start making some plans?

Greg

4. Bravo12

Bravo12 New Member

I'm in Philly. I'd be up for a get-together or group ride, even though my XJ probably won't be road-worthy until later in the summer - I'll just have to ride the Bandit, I guess. ;)

5. MacungieMaxim

MacungieMaxim New Member

Im in Allentown, PA. 85 maxim x 700.

6. nayonline

nayonline Member

Bordentown, NJ, just south of Trenton and about 30-40 min NE of Philly -

I'm pretty much a novice but would be happy to meet up with folks and ride.

xj550 maxim

7. nayonline

nayonline Member

Bordentown, NJ, just south of Trenton and about 30-40 min NE of Philly -

I'm pretty much a novice but would be happy to meet up with folks and ride.

xj550 maxim

8. Biscosity

Biscosity New Member

I just got an 82 Seca XJ 650 (my fist bike:) and would love some folks to ride with. I'm in center city Philly. PM me if your close and would like to ride

9. Bravo12

Bravo12 New Member

I'm in Philly. Last month I wrecked my regular ride, a 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S. I'll probably pick up a used SV650 over the winter, sine I want to be able to do more track days next year.

To keep me busy over the winter, I'll probably get around to restoring/modifying my '81 XJ650 Maxim that's been sitting in my garage for the past few years. I havent ridden it in at least 7 years, and I don't think its been started since then. I want to make it into a neo-cafe-racer with modern performance. The plan is to replace most parts (electrical equipment, ignition coils, headlight, taillight, seat, tank, handlebars, gauges) with newer and more reliable equipment, hop-up the engine with a new exhaust and jet kit, upgrade the suspension with new shocks and fork springs/valves, chop the sub-frame down to a solo seat (which I will make out of what's left of my Bandit's Corbin seat), install rearset pegs, dual projector-beam headlamps, clip-on handlebars, custom paint, and maybe chrome the frame. The only main obstacle I forsee (besides funds) is my lack of welding skill - but I have friends who do that for a living, so it shouldn't be that big of a problem to get one of them to help out.

I'll be out riding again next spring, either with a new Suzuki, or with the restored and pimped Maxim. ;)

10. JPXJ

JPXJ Member

I'm just outside Rochester, NY (east side)

11. T0mW

T0mW Member

Tamaqua, PA here, with an 82 xj550 maxim, which I ride daily to & from work, unless there is snow or ice on the road, then I take my jeep.

12. Tito

Tito Member

guess i'm ariding late on this but still up for something come spring. I'm about 45 min west of philly, 25min south of allentown. got 14mm colortune and awaiting the 12mm adapter from eastwood. also have redneck synchtube yardstick jobby

13. ctraugh2005

ctraugh2005 Member

Berwick, PA here.

Jeffb18618 likes this.
  14. willierides

willierides Member

Hey, I'm new here. Guess I'll resurrect this thread. I see a couple folks from nearby. I live in a small town 'bout half way between Binghamton and Elmira. Most of my two-wheel time is spent in the dirt with my 17 year old son. For the road I have a 2004 XL1200C and a 1981 XJ650 that I've been putzing around with for about three years. Just buying parts on ebay and painitng it with rattle cans. It's lowered, has basically a custom rear, all new electrics, guages, controls, etc and I made it a solo. Right now it's registered but need to get it inspected. I need to stick a new battery in it this week and get it on the road. Not sure how far I'll venture with it until I'm more comfortable with it. Still needs some tweaking mechanically. Plus it's starting to spit some oil out of the base gasket. Gotta look at that. But I'm not pulling that apart until next winter.

15. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

near Utica, NY here.

16. Sonwatcher

Sonwatcher Member

Near Selinsgrove, Pa here. I see a few Rochester fellas here. I used to live there. Went to school in Scottsville. I get up there a few times a year to visit family.

17. PghXJ

PghXJ Member

Pittsburgh, PA here.

Where in western PA are you staying?

18. Deathmetaldan

Deathmetaldan Member

Sunbury PA here, right smack dab in the middle. So if anybody is close and can offer some XJ wisdom to me i would appreciate it!

19. Sonwatcher

Sonwatcher Member

I meant Rochester, NY. :)

20. PghXJ

PghXJ Member

dag.

sorry bout that.