1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Any videos on changing the starter clutch on a 82 Seca 750?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Gregirl, Apr 13, 2022.

  1. Gregirl

    Gregirl New Member

    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Location:
    Ireland
    Anyone have any videos on changing the starter clutch.
     
  2. Jetfixer

    Jetfixer Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    3,191
    Likes Received:
    1,503
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Nothern Indiana
    I do not have a video but see my post The dreaded starter clutch , I have several photos and explanations of how to do it. Honestly it is not real difficult, and just get a good quality starter clutch repair kit . The springs loose their tension and on one of my engines a roller was galled. I have done two of these now. I highly recommend using a wooden palate this will keep the engine from getting marred if on the ground . My work bench is not big enough for the engine so this worked great . Attached are some photos of the starter clutch
     

    Attached Files:

  3. noah scott

    noah scott Member

    Messages:
    69
    Likes Received:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    McMinnville, Oregon
    Where do you buy the kit?
     
  4. Gregirl

    Gregirl New Member

    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Location:
    Ireland
    Thanks
     

Share This Page