1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Best manual for 82 XJ550 Maxim?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Magic Hat, Mar 31, 2016.

  1. Magic Hat

    Magic Hat New Member

    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Milwaukee
    All the manuals I see are for the XJ550R(H), but no mention of the XJ550J. Is this the way to go? In reading excerpts, I like the Yamaha manual more than the Clymers, but I'm not expert. A digital copy is fine - I have a buddy who will print & bind it for me.
     
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  2. XJ550H

    XJ550H Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    13,199
    Likes Received:
    3,869
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Great North Woods
    the Maxim factory service manuals are a hard find, the seca factory service manual sometimes comes with a supplement that covers maxim
    I started a conversation with you
     
  3. k-moe

    k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

    Messages:
    19,697
    Likes Received:
    6,787
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    The City of Seven Hills
    It's best to have one copy from each manual supplier. No one manual covers everything, and each of them has errors.
     
    PilotSmack likes this.

Share This Page