1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Blinker issues (aftermarket)

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by vugt47, May 10, 2017.

1. vugt47

vugt47 New Member

I bought some blinker leds and a led relay but I'm using the factory switch, when I try to signal the lights barely light up... what relays have you guys used or kits? As of now I have what's in pictures.

Attached Files:

2. Andy555

Andy555 Active Member

Hy i make my electricy,and i use led blinkers and i buy on eby some reley for it but didnt work they didnt flash ,then i buy another on auction for 0.30 pounds and work normaly blinking every thim i pres.but you must understand that you with your orig.electric have canceling unit and i dont think will work ok becouse your canceling unit blinks your flashers and nou when you put that reley make tje same think.sorry if i mistake maybe some body know more

3. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

The flasher you purchased is not compatable with the Yamaha wiring harness. You need a 2 prong with a separate ground wire. Or if you still have regular bulbs in the signal indicator on the dash you can use a standard 2 prong electronic flasher that is available at most box auto parts stores. You will lose the auto cancel function going this route.
    The ground terminal on the new relay is connection to the cancel signal wire on your bike and that is why they don't work.

Double check the wiring on the new signals. They should at least light up and be bright.