1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

CarbTune maintenance

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Xjrider92117, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Xjrider92117

Xjrider92117 Active Member

Is there any maintenance that ever needs to be done to the the carbtune Pro? Besides replacing the hoses.

2. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Nope.
    Maybe wipe the dust off of the case occasionally.

Jetfixer likes this.
  3. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

Q. My dial gauges always need recalibrating, is this necessary on the Carbtune Pro?
    A. No. The components of the Carbtune Pro are matched during assembly at the factory and will not need any recalibrating. They work on a different principle to dial gauges.

Q. What happens if the Carbtune gets dirty or greasy inside?
    A. The Carbtune can be dismantled for cleaning and this is described in the instructions. It is very simple to do.

Jetfixer likes this.
  4. Jetfixer

Jetfixer Well-Known Member

Bought mine last year , great product.

5. Xjrider92117

Xjrider92117 Active Member

I didn't think so. The reason I asked was because today I was trying to sync my carbs at around 1200 rmp's and not one of the rods were moving at all. I then turned up the idle to about 2500 rpm's and the rods started to go up maybe an inch.

I took the carbtune off and flipped it upside down and the rods barely moved. I gave them a little shake and they started to come down a bit flipped it back over and very roughly they came back down.

I kind of thought that they could've used some lube or something. Maybe I'm thinking about it to much. They rarely get used...