1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

CARMOUSA Parts SCAM!

Discussion in 'Reviews - Service, Online, Retail Shop' started by MidnightRyder, Sep 2, 2021.

1. MidnightRyder

MidnightRyder New Member

Hey everyone,

First post! First off, huge thanks to Len for all of the parts he's been able to get me - Highly recommend going through him if you aren't already. Secondly, thank you all for the large amount of information and knowledge that is shared, it's helped me get my 1981 650 Maxim(non-YICS) up and running.

Reason for the post, I initially thought my TCI was faulty and saw somewhere on here that someone referred another user to CARMOUSA for an aftermarket TCI module for over $400. DO NOT buy ANYTHING from them. They sent me a unit with cracked housing, when questioned, they wanted me to ship it to Europe and then assured me it would not affect its function. I kept it, not wanting to pay to ship, since I was not at fault, and since I had spark on all 4 cylinders. I didn't realize the problem was with their unit right away until I took temp readings of the headers. I found out the timing on it was off, as C3 & C4 were cold when running, but had spark. I contacted them regarding a refund and they wanted me to pay to ship it back, and pay for the repairs.. They don't ever answer their phones, or respond to voicemails and have since stopped responding to emails. They also went the extra mile and deleted my account on their website so I cannot view my orders, or obtain purchase confirmation. After digging online, I've seen a few other similar experiences with their "products". My advice, go elsewhere and spread the word to save another guy a chunk of his paycheck.

Thanks all!

Franz and Huntchuks like this.
  2. 68vistacruiser

68vistacruiser New Member

"C3 & C4" can't be off time if your bike runs. Likely your carbs need work if your headers are cold.

cgutz likes this.
  3. cgutz

cgutz Well-Known Member

Yes, doesn't sound to me like a TCI since these are wasted spark units, and the C3 and C4 will spark with the opposite plug (C3 and C1, C4 and C2 spark together - I believe???).

Besides carb, perhaps a bad wire or spark plug cap? Have you visually verified these are sparking?