1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Fairings and rearsets - suggestions, tips, advice

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Hell Raiser, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Hell Raiser

Hell Raiser New Member

Alright, so I went a different direction with the fairing I bought, and as I am coming close to finishing my resto/mod cafe racer I am looking for ideas, or advice on mounting this fairing. I am aiming for a fixed fairing, I do not want it moving with the handlebars .

My second inquiry, would be on rear set pegs.

I see a lot of stuff out there, and I am looking for some good knowledgeable insight on this. I've found universal sets, and then Ive found sets for close to $400 bucks, but they are only EU spec. ( Fastfromthepast.Com is the online store I am referring to. ) So what's the difference between EU spec rearsets and American? Is there any difference at all? What have you used, ( for those who have them ) what can you suggest? Is there a way to have rearsets without sacrificing the passenger pegs?

* I am not at all concerned if I need cut, weld, fabricate, or machine anything needed to accomplish these 2 things. *

IMG_20200527_192346200.jpg

2. Baker6x6

Baker6x6 Member

Here is the mounting bracket for the OEM Fairing.. (way overbuilt for your needs), but may give you an idea of where/how to make a frame-mounted bracket.

A: These 2 half-moon "pads" - mount against the frame down-tubes in front of the engine. They use U-Bolts (similar to muffler clamps), to hold the pads against the frame. You can see the holes in the bracket that the U-bolts go through.
    B: These 2 holes mount to the upper frame cross-brace.

Making a similar "triangle" type bracket would be plenty strong to mount your sport-fairing. It is static, and does not turn with the forks.

[​IMG]

jayrodoh and Hell Raiser like this.
  3. Hell Raiser

Hell Raiser New Member

Ok cool, I can certainly make something similar, and slimmer for my fairing. Thank you