1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale - 1982 XJ650 Turbo Project - $500 - Near DC

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by ManBot13, Oct 31, 2010.

1. ManBot13

ManBot13 Well-Known Member

I've got a 1982 Seca Turbo that I bought earlier this year. Its a project bike, and will need to be completely gone through.

It's only got 6k on the odo, I think the first owner knocked it over and messed up some of the plastics, then just let it sit.

Since then it's been changing hands to different people with good intentions, but never gets it's fair shake. Now it's my turn. It's got all of it's parts, and even some extras, like a second set of carbs, and some extra plastic pieces.

Selling because I need to get it out of my storage unit in Rockville, MD. You'll need a truck to pick it up. All I've done with it is roll it around my garage, load it in a truck, move it down with me, and found a couple of things that were missing. It's titled in my name.

Thanks

Brian

2. ManBot13

(bump) Any interest? I figure I'd post it on the site for a few days before putting it up on craigs. pm me for contact info.

3. SilverSeca

SilverSeca Member

Can you post a pic?

4. ManBot13

I can...but it won't look good. The engine's in the frame with the wheels/exhaust/gauges.

Everything else is in boxes. As far as I can tell, it's all there. If you're really interested silverseca, it's a BIG project, but I can definitely help you out (I'd love to see someone put it back on the road) and we can even compression test the engine together, I can bring a battery and figure out how to hook it to the starter motor.

Or, although I don't have the heart to part it out...someone else can.

5. iwingameover

iwingameover Active Member

I'd have taken it already if I need/wanted another project. A turbo bike sounds sweet. But no bike building for me this winter. I'm going to get those jeep axles done and dump some money into the diesel.

6. schooter

schooter Active Member

if you part it out, what would you want for everything that would be required to put the turbo on my bike, the exhaust and mid pipe, turbo, the spare carbs or carbs on the bike, and i dunno what else... i have a friend that knows alot about turbos and we may be able to make something happen