1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Found a seca turbo.

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by FoundATurbo, Mar 14, 2017.

1. FoundATurbo

FoundATurbo New Member

hello, recently I started working at a motorcycle shop, in the warehouse "graveyard" are a bunch of bikes, mostly crashed or stripped of their engine. Among them is a Yamaha Seca Turbo. I have tried to look up the vin from the frame but have been unsuccessful in finding any results. Also I can not find a key for it. I know the bike has been there for at least 10 years, if not more. Besides dust and what looks to be a leaked fluid the bike seems to be very clean, not sure if it will be able to run again. Something that strikes me as odd is that the bike is yamaha yellow. All pictures I've seen I have never seen a yellow seca turbo. The paint doesn't appear to be custom, if so it was professionally done. If anyone has some some information on getting the proper vin please let me know!

2. dkavanagh

dkavanagh Well-Known Member Premium Member

3. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

the code for the key is printed on the bottom of the ignition switch . a guy on ebay will cut you 2 new keys from the code.

Its a Yamaha it will run again............

Stumplifter likes this.
  4. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

The shorty VIN is stamped into the engine case on the clutch cover.
    The frame VIN (same # unless there was an engine swap) is on a sticker on the left side of the steering neck, and stamped into the right side of the steering neck. Both will be hard to see if the fairing is on.