1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Wanted HCP1838, 93302-20306 Inner wheel bearing XJ900 31A

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by Panozzi, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Panozzi

Panozzi New Member

Hi everybody, I am stuck with a huge problem when changing the rear wheel bearings on my
    1983 Yamaha XJ900 31A (seca)
    I purchased a kit for the rear wheel but it wasent the right one, missing the HCP1838 or OEM 93302-20306.
    Does anyone know where to purchase it for a normal price and a clue where to get it, it looks like this wheel bearing is very special.

2. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Well-Known Member

Can’t get it from Yamaha and it was built specifically for them. You will have to get it from @chacal

Panozzi likes this.
  3. Fuller56

Fuller56 Well-Known Member

Cary, NC (winter) Harpursville, NY (summer)
    If Len does not have or cannot get this bearing either can you get a standard, closely sized bearing and have your wheel machined for it? Not original but much easier should it ever have to be replaced again in the future. Just be sure to document what the replacement is.
    John

Panozzi likes this.
  4. Panozzi

Panozzi New Member

Thanks for the reply, still waiting for an answer from Mr Len/Chacal. I was thinking in that direction to replace the wheel bearing with an DAC 174021A 2RS and make an custom made spacer, easier said than done though. And I dont really have the mood or experince to make it. :)
    I hoped to buy that bearing from someones home stash. :)
    /Panozzi

5. XJ900RK Dry

XJ900RK Dry New Member

Hey Panozzi, did you resolve your issue? I need to replace the same bearings. I also need the proper spacer so the bearings aren't preloaded when tightening the axle nut.