1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Headlight issues

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by dreyer74, Aug 7, 2018.

1. dreyer74

dreyer74 New Member

I recently purchased an '82 XJ 650. Neither of the turn signal lights worked and the headlight was dim. I don't know much about the electronics but my brother agreed to help me wire it up. It turns out I stupidly bought a headlight that doesn't have a matching plug for my bike. My brother has been trying to splice them together but we can't seem to get them to go. It's a 7" LED Daymaker. If anyone has any advice or has spliced this before I'd love the help.

2. Rooster53

Rooster53 Well-Known Member Premium Member

That get over 7000 hits on Ebay, perhaps you can provide a specific link to the one you purchased.

3. saftie

saftie Well-Known Member Premium Member

Did you figure it out yet?

There should be the three main wires, low beam, high beam and ground.
    Possible you have additional wires for halo (if yours has it) or day light running, but they are usually sticking out on the side, independent from the main harness.
    Color coding is most likely different and you'll just have to play around a bit to figure it out what is what