1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New XJ700N owner,well not new but a goodie

Discussion in 'Western US and Canada' started by Chazz Weierbach, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Chazz Weierbach

Chazz Weierbach New Member

Hi from New Mexico.

Retired auto mechanic of 47 years with almost as many tinkering with bikes. Mostly Japan's finest, and my buddies Harleys. Here to learn about the idocysncrocitys (?) of the XJ. First one for me.

Already have done some paint and polishing, replaced the front fork seals, and checked all the safety stuff. Did learn here that I need to replace the brake hoses. will be ordering braided ones very soon.

2. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

3. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Check the connectors too, clean them up and use dielectric grease before you put them back together. I have the X model but just in case check the three plug connector that comes from the stater, I know mine was melted and had to be changed out. I have had a few other metric bikes that needed the same three wire "mod" so to speak.

Check or change the oil on the shaft drive as well, just so you know it has been done and is in good shape.

Best of luck and keep us posted as she comes back to life and road ready.