1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Northwest Washington

Discussion in 'Western US and Canada' started by charger8609, Mar 19, 2008.

1. huckersteve

huckersteve Member

Thinking of cruising in the Seattle area and surrounding tonight- Any other 206 capable riders feel like burning some dead dinosaurs with me?

2. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

Don might have something up his sleeve for Sunday. Check with him. I might even show up, if I decide against going to the Oyster Run.

3. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

I'm planning a rather long ride around the North End for Sunday. I've put together a preliminary route on Google Maps. Anyone interested can meet me and my wife at McDonald's at 10:30, kickstands up at 11:00.

Jeff, if you're going we can pick you up on the way through Warm Beach or Stanwood.

Post up if interested.

4. wamaxim

wamaxim Active Member

I would love to go but I am woking Sat, Sun, Mon. You guys have a great ride and be safe.

As an aside, my Maxim is coming home on Friday night. I'm swapping my SilverWing to my son in law and getting my Maxim back.

I can hardly wait! One thing. I picked up a brad in the rear tire of my SilverWing which causes the tire to go flat in about a day. I plan to do a tubeless plug and then add a tube. Safe enough of a repair? The hole is less than 1/16 of an inch by far, is within 1 in of the center of the tread and the tire has less than 1000 miles on it.

Loren

5. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

I'd think a plug would be fine, especially if you're putting a tube in. Then again, if you're putting a tube in, why put in a plug?

6. wamaxim

wamaxim Active Member

My thought was that there might be a possibility of a metal belt wire finding it's way into the tube if I don't plug it. Now that I think about it an internal heat vulvcanizing patch and a tube might make more sense. How does this hare brained idea sound?

You realize that I have to take good care of this kid. Right now he's the only chance I have for having a grandchild! Meaning that our son is not married!!!

7. Carvall

Carvall Member

I would love to go for that long ride on Sunday. Unfortunately Sundays are for church and family!!

Keep me posted for future trips!!

8. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

One last <BUMP> before we take off for this ride. All are welcome to join.

9. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

As you might have deduced, I did go to the Oyster Run. Wanna see some pics? Okay.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A guy from Lynden brought this heavily modified 82 Maxim 650 ratbobber. He said he lurks on this forum but has never joined. Maybe he can be presuaded.
    [​IMG]
    There were a few old Yamahas present, like this modified XS650 Twin.
    [​IMG]
    And a couple of old Viragos.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The weather could not have been better, had a fine time.

10. YVRxj650

YVRxj650 Member

I have just started a new forum for a planned ride out of Vancouver, BC on May 29, 2010. We'd love to have our friends from south of the border to join us.

Details to follow in that thread.

11. Bobber85XJ

Bobber85XJ New Member

Ive been lurking this place a while then desided to hop to and join up. If you and your husband are out riding in oak harbor you might notice an 85 Xj700. Thatd be me riding around enjoyin the summer around here which isnt to bad now n days, if you ever want to go out for a ride just give me a pm and ill hop to, my bike is going through afew things and i thought i might be alone up here in oak harbor but at least i know of afew XJ fans around here, makes me much calmer haha.

12. Militant_Buddhist

Militant_Buddhist Member

I'm in Redmond, in seattle quite a bit. Backfire in Ballard every third wednesday rain or shine and VME first wednesday sometimes.

13. ckmchris

ckmchris New Member

Hey guys, what's up? Just got my XJ two weeks ago. Tacoma right here. I need tow things to happen...1-the weather get better, and 2-some carb magic to make mine better. I have no clue how to clean and tune, and not so certain I want to take on the task solo, but I'm fairly certain it's the root of my current issue with the bike.

14. Randy Pond

Randy Pond New Member

From Tri Cities but in the Seattle area currently, riding a1986 xj700x Maxim X.