1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Speedo cable analogue to digital

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by cds1984, Aug 30, 2025.

  1. cds1984

    cds1984 Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,284
    Likes Received:
    310
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Location:
    Perth, Western Australia
    I have police meters on my bikes which use the reid switch above the normal Speedo to pulse and then display speed on the LCD.
    Pretty cool except one of my Speedos is clapped out in the main cable to meter connection.
    Oiling, cleaning out end up with the common brass bearing issue of a screeching noise starting at 40kmh.

    Since I never look at the gauge, as the police meter is above it and clearer, the only reason for the gauge is the fact that the magnet pulses the reid switch.

    So I have been looking for an adaptor to stick on the end of the cable to pulse on/off but can't find one.

    Found a Daytona gissmo but... Not sure on that.

    Any experience with this concept out there?
    Thanks.
     

Share This Page