1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Tire pressure monitors

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by JPaganel, Aug 9, 2019.

1. JPaganel

JPaganel Well-Known Member

Does anyone here use a TPMS system? What are your impressions? Recommendations? Internal vs. external sensors?

2. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

The only experience I have for motorcycles is the old-school presure valve caps. They work great, and don't require batteries. It just takes a quick look at the beginning of the day, and every fuel stop
    [​IMG]

On the car side of things I have to say that internal monitors are a royal PITA when the batteries need to be replaced, especially when you just got new tires six months ago. We're living with a warning light for at least another two years just so we don't have to get the tires pulled off the rims. I'd think that on a motorcycle you would be fine if you your own tires at home, otherwise go external and be sure to have the tires balanced with the monitors in place. I would not want external monitors on any bike that would see offroad duty, just to be sure they don't catch on brush and tear the valve stems.

sybe likes this.