1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Tough question.....build or sell

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by coopaloop, Aug 26, 2019.

1. coopaloop

coopaloop New Member

I grew up around family fixing and repairing cars. Know my way around small engines thought this would be a good project for me. I have owned my xj650 for a couple years now! Kinda bought it on a whim! I learned how to ride on one when I was younger! Wanted a bike and saw it for $500. Didn't start when I looked at it, but upon investigation in my 8X10 shed all she needed was a solenoid. I ordered one and replaced it the day it came in. She started and ran! I rode it for the summer, to and from work and around when I needed to get away. The only other problem with her was the exhaust coupler stud was broken off by the previous owner. Thought to myself Its not a big deal! I wanted to strip it down and rebuild a cafe/bobber. Welp, we moved to a different house, have two kids now and She sits in the barn for a solid year. Well the other day I moved it back to the garage to clean the barn out! Today I sat on her to think about what to do for about ten minutes and it instantly brought me back to be a younger when everything was easier and the days riding the long way home from work! Now I just don't know what to do about it! Maybe this is just a vent!

2. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Fix what's wrong, keep it stock, go ride :)

tradmedic and raskal like this.
  3. tabaka45

tabaka45 Well-Known Member

I agree. Keeping it stock makes repairs a lot easier, plus it looks better and runs better. Everybody needs an escape.