1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Tracy windshield

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Vinjap4fun, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Vinjap4fun

Vinjap4fun New Member

Hey everyone, just doing some maintenance in the winter off season here in Maryland, USA . I've been brainstorming some sort of windshield for "old bluer" my kid named my bike when he was little riding old yeller. My bike is blue.....anyway. as I look across my garage it hits me! Bam! Why don't I fabricate mounts for that windshield right there?!?!! I feast my eyes upon a windshield and upper fairing I purchased over 5 years ago in a pair of 1982 Honda sabre v45 750. Same as our yamahas, but v4 and liquid cooled. Atari and driveshaft same as ours. Anyway, can anyone tell me anything about Tracy Design other than a custom motorcycle kit maker in the 60s and 70s. Is it one of a kind? If I can't find too much on the interweb about it, is it junk or so precious no one even knows about it?! Lol so its not the gauntlet or the road warrior....but is trimmed and currently mounted on my 82 seca....thanks friends!

Attached Files:

2. Fuller56

Fuller56 Well-Known Member

Cary, NC (winter) Harpursville, NY (summer)
    That sort of fairing was popular for awhile and then the factories started building faired sport bikes and the aftermarket dwindled. Folks that wanted faired bikes bought them with frame mounted OEM, those that wanted naked bikes bought that. About the time Honda started building Interstate GoldWings as an example. I remember seeing Tracey fairings but have no personal contact or info about them. My favorite is the Shoei FM fairings. I put one on a 2001 SV650 Suzuki and it was perfect for that bike. Looked sharp, to me anyway, and worked so nicely. That fairing you have should be excellent on the XJ750.
    John upload_2020-12-30_9-24-45.jpeg

Vinjap4fun likes this.