1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

wanted: Rank titles

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by SnoSheriff, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Dean

Dean Member

2. Hired_Goon

Hired_Goon Member

Nice bike Dean.

You wouldn't miss it over here (Australia) I swear I've got the only one left in the country. :wink:

Parts are impossible to find as the 550 was never really popular over here. NOS parts just don't exist. So the hope of keeping it original is never going to happen. Even a simple part like starter brushes are impossible if you ask for them specifically by model.

Fabricating my own and lots of research on compattibility with other bikes is all that keeps it going. Eg: Starter problems were fixed by transplanting a second hand kwaka 750 starter in her.

And you can imagine how much trouble I'm having trying to get new bearings, o/s pistons and rings for a spare motor I'm building.

But that's the fun of owning a classic :p Wouldn't trade her for any of these plastic cafe rice burners for anything. (Might stick a nice XV1100 alongside her one day.)

HG

3. Dean

Dean Member

Thanks, HG. Let me know if there's anything I can help you find or any questions I might help with.

4. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Site Owner Staff Member Administrator

What, six speed 8O? I was not aware of that. I guess you'll have to slow down for the rest of us to catch up. That wouldn't be the reverse gear, would it? :mrgreen:.

I will make appropriate adjustments.

5. HooNz

HooNz Member

To be honest i was happy with Gear Grinder!