1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Windshield recommendations (with pics if possible)

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by SargeAF, Oct 11, 2022.

1. SargeAF

SargeAF New Member

Now that I have my 85 XJ700N sorted (full carb rebuild, valve check, cam cover refinish), I’m thinking about putting a windshield on the bike. I don’t want a huge, gaudy windshield, but something with good lines and some sweep back (not a bolt upright air brake). My main concern is finding one that clears the gauge cluster and looks aerodynamic. Any recommendations? I was also thinking about adding the OEM style chrome engine guards available on XJ4EVER.Com to either use as a foot rest, or attach fold up footrests on it.

The Mark I mention in the video is the original (and only) owner (besides me). I’ve been keeping him abreast of refurbishing this old girl.

Craig

2. nedc

nedc New Member

I went through pretty much the same thing as you with my 85- rebuilt carbs, forks, changed all fluids, etc. Found this windshield used on eBay and I think it's pretty much perfect, the color tint at the bottom even matches the purple paint! Sorry it has no markings of any kind on it, may be a National Cycle brand.

Attached Files:

3. SargeAF

SargeAF New Member

Thanks for the pics/info. Nice Maxim X…the windshield looks good; I’ll do some research and see if it is in fact a National Cycle windscreen. How well does it work with diverting wind blast? I’m 5’6” so it would probably work well for me and my petite girlfriend.

4. nedc

nedc New Member

I'm 6' 2" so it only diverts from my torso/chest, head is fully in clean air. Might be perfect for you...