1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale xj550 Seca RK Eastern PA

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by seca550RK, Dec 22, 2022.

Tags:
  1. seca550RK

seca550RK Member

Hi all,

It's time I sell my xj500 with 16k miles. This bike was in good running condition but was put into storage six years ago when I moved out of the area. It was a smooth runner, and was easy to start, and idle, and was overall in good tune. It was last started a year ago when I came for a visit, and has since been winterized again. With a new battery the bike should start, although a test drive is probably not recommended with the current tires as they are around 10 years old (Avon RoadRiders).

I had a chance to check the valve clearance with my brother (a professional mechanic) and realized my job wasn't that consistent. I had had some trouble getting one of the valves in spec, but I suspect this will resolve by setting the clearances again. If you know what you're doing, you could have a look before buying.

I just wanted to get this up here, so please send a message for pictures and other information.
    I don't have a price in mind yet, but make a reasonable offer or wait for me to update the thread with a price.

Service and parts on the bike ~2012: Carbs cleaned and tuned, various seals replaced including the outer throttle shaft seals, but I never removed the butterflies to do the inner ones. Clutch springs replaced (disks where measured and had lots of life). Front brake professionally rebuilt. Valve cover gasket changed. Various small repairs which I can't think of off the top of my head.

-Michael

Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
  2. dkavanagh

dkavanagh Well-Known Member Premium Member

For the record, is this bike in PA or Norway? Do you have any recent photos?

3. seca550RK

seca550RK Member

The bike is in Pa. I'm back for a visit, and decided it was a good time to sell the bike.
    I'll take some photos today and post them here.

4. seca550RK

seca550RK Member

20221228_100947.jpg 20221228_100947.jpg 20221228_101051.jpg

Attached Files:

5. JS867

JS867 New Member Premium Member

How much are you asking?

6. seca550RK

seca550RK Member

Sorry, I haven't been checking here. I'm back in Norway but my brother still has the bike, and can show it. I'm not sure if he's had time to get it started yet though.
    I'm asking $1200.