1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Wanted Xj650 maxim fork front emblem

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by Linds, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Linds

Linds New Member

Hey all! Just joined the forum. I got an ‘82 Xj650 maxim for my birthday. This is my first bike and I’m going to take my classes next month at Harley.

Anyhow, I’m looking for the front emblem/badge for my bike. I don’t know if they exist in a new and shiny condition, but that’s what I would like.

Lemme know if anyone has any! Thanks!

Ketchup likes this.
  2. jayrodoh

jayrodoh YimYam Premium Member

They do! Contact Len at xj forever or PM user Chacal. I got line from him and they look great on a bike. You’ll find he has most things new that you will ever need.

8F451969-6751-4786-9372-D9B0D85B8D36.jpeg

Linds likes this.
  3. Linds

Linds New Member

Thanks for the heads up! I checked his site but I don’t see them in gold. We don’t want to just spray paint cause since it’s slightly flexible plastic it will probably just crack... but his shop will be a huge resource, as will this forum and people like you. I read through your attached post. I am very sorry to hear about your bike :( glad you are ok!

4. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Only the Midnight Maxim models (1981) has gold emblems. Old plastic can yellow a bit, perhaps making them appear to be "gold-ish". Or someone put a MM emblem on there in the past. It's the dreaded PO issue..............

5. jayrodoh

jayrodoh YimYam Premium Member

Do you have the midnight maxim like @chacal mentioned? My original was almost completely yellow because the chrome had peeled off. If you have the standard Maxim it should be chrome. Midnight will have black fender and black fork lowers.

6. cgutz

cgutz Well-Known Member

Just for fun, here is my XJ550 Maxim front emblem.

69918.jpg

Linds and Jetfixer like this.