1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Wanted XJ650 Seca Frame

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by Lierre, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Lierre

Lierre New Member

Working on a custom project. Would like to swap out my 82 Maxim frame for a Seca (non-turbo) frame. If you happen to have one available, please drop me a line.

Thanks

2. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

are you looking for a 650 seca frame? how complete do you want it?
    also would a current registration card from frame be all you need to register it?

3. Lierre

Lierre New Member

Yep... doesn't need to be complete at all... I literaly just want the bare frame. Planning to cut all the tabs and unneeded stuff off anyway. I have everything else. Registration card should be enough to get it registered; If you happen to have the title that would work as well. Let me know

4. XJ550H

I ran into someone the other day he thinks he has a 750 seca frame because of the fuel tank but it is a xj650 seca frame has the front forks .
    I will see him again . if you want it he wants 100$ I will get it as cheap as possible. I can get the frame registered for 25$ and send you the reg I belive NH also can supply a cert of non title state letter to help get it registered on your end. No idea on how to ship it

5. Lierre

Lierre New Member

Awesome! I've ordered frames before via eBay; a Ducati monster frame was delivered to me via USPS, and a suzuki gs750 frame was delivered via UPS. The Ducati frame was delivered to me wrapped in basic plastic with priority mail stickers all over it; I paid $75 total for it. The Suzuki frame was delivered "naked" with only a UPS tag attached; I paid $200 total for it. I've heard that frames can be shipped via Fastenal stores; however, I have no experience with those. I've never actually shipped a frame.

I'm definitely interested, but I would definitely want to know total cost (including shipping to 55436) upfront prior to commiting, just to be sure its feasible from my end.

But let me know what you find out.

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it

6. joe elliff

joe elliff Active Member

Fastenal ships store to store and price is dependent upon weight and dimensions. I sold a motor and shipped it for the customer
    The customer did all the leg work though with fastenal for the quote and pay structure All I did was show up and drop the motor off after I palletized it.
    You should call or get online and check a bit.

7. XJ550H

Fastenal was just down the street but it closed a few months ago. should be another close by