1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ700X 1986 Clutch?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by dowski68, Sep 25, 2017.

  1. dowski68

    dowski68 Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    645
    Likes Received:
    280
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Location:
    Medford, Oregon
    Currently when I pull up to the garage with the bike in 1st gear and the clutch pulled in (clutch replaced and plates less then 6,000 miles) When I start to back up I can feel the clutch grabbing like resistance wanh wanh and then it is a bugger to get into neutral. I have completely released all the tension and still have the problem.
    Any suggestions ?
     
  2. XJ550H

    XJ550H Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    13,199
    Likes Received:
    3,869
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Great North Woods
    readjust and lube cable.

    that may be normal as the wet clutch with oil wants to keep holding even when clutch is pulled in. put it in neutral before backing up and while moving forward.

    when I back out of garage before starting bike with clutch pulled in you can feel the resistance of the drive train (750), I feel it less with my 550
    backing up is turning the shaft and transmission

    is this a new problem?clutch cable old? replace it , you may want to recheck your clutch work
     
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  3. XJ550H

    XJ550H Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    13,199
    Likes Received:
    3,869
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Great North Woods
    my 750 rolls backwards easier when oil is still warm. can we have more details on when this happens?
     

Share This Page