1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Aussie XJers

Discussion in 'Other' started by brenton, May 9, 2006.

1. StephenT

StephenT New Member

Another Sydney owner. I have just bought a 1981 XJ650, body needs restoring. Regards, Stephen.

2. shamus

shamus Member

I'm in Toowoomba, Qld. Been onthe forum for a while, but only just discovered this thread... 1981 XJ650 that is gettintg its transmission fixed so I can get it in the road. Has anyone got any pics of the belly pan that was mentioned above?

3. ol_750

ol_750 Member

Ok
    I'll organise some picks
    I found a company in Germany that were advertising new ones about 12mths ago too
    cheers Andrew

XJAUS likes this.
  4. shamus

shamus Member

5. Lurch

Lurch New Member

*Puts hand up*

Canberra here..

6. truckerbikes

truckerbikes Member

hello from brisvegas.xj750r (i think) and xj900 in a 750 frame for my brother in law,under reconstruction)

7. truckerbikes

truckerbikes Member

8. knuts2a

knuts2a Member

Hi from Hot 'N' Dry Koorlong. (Just out of Mildura, right up in the top corner of Victoria). picked up my 84 XJ900 late October after a 12year dry spell of riding. (Just changed jobs, must be a midlife crissis like everyone else) other than a local XJ1200 (FJ?) i haven't seen any others this model with a full fairing, usually only a bikini and a bottom. Are these common?

9. gunnabuild1

gunnabuild1 Member

Heres a photo I found in the gallery with the bellypan.knuts2a I dont think they came with a full fairing but I know that you could buy that middle panel between the bikini and bellypan aftermarket.I'm no expert but thats what I remember.

http://xjbikes.com/coppermine/displayim ... ize=1.html
    Shamus that does look like that belly pan doesn't it,but with the exchange rate between the oz dollar and the euro she could be a real expensive mistake!

10. pygmy_goat

pygmy_goat Member

Hey everyone. I know this isn't the right thread for this, but I figured maybe I could get your attention here.

I'm thinking about doing a trip to Australia in which I ride a long distance across the country. Now, I know that I can't really go across the middle, but I'm looking for other suggestions about what a cool itinerary might be that would take me "across" the country.

The plan is to pick up a bike in one big city, ride for several weeks, then sell the bike in another city before flying out. Other than that, I'm open to suggestion.

Any thoughts?

11. Hired_Goon

Hired_Goon Member

Depending on the bike you want to do it on dictates where you can go. Eg, you can go across the middle on a dual purpose bike while carrying minimal extra fuel. WOuld not recommend it alone though.

If you only have a few weeks then I would look at running up or down the east coast. Say, Cairns to Sydney. Perth to Sydney is a good ride but has a fair bit of boring riding for the first week.

All dpends on how many hours a day you want to spend in the saddle. ;-)

12. gunnabuild1

gunnabuild1 Member

As Hired Goon says alone across the middle,not really a good idea even for the experienced traveller.
    The East Coast alternative would be a great trip though depending on time Melbourne to Cairns or as suggested Sydney to Cairns pretty country most of the way and you can pretty much follow our only mountain range for a lot of it[mountains with a small m compared to what you may be used to].
    The dual purpose bike would add a lot of great alternative routes as well.

13. XJ900FJR

XJ900FJR New Member

Hello All from the Illawarra.

have '83 XJ900RL, "86 XJ900F and am selling an '83 XJ900RK with 11 months regos with lots of new bits on it for $2700.
    Has all new Fliuds , air filter and oil filter, new fork seals , serviced diff as paint was starting to get a bit ordinary.
    Some stainless bolts as I replaced the chrome ones that were starting to get a bit of rust on them. Has had a tank repair and lined, , left side of tank has 3 small dints that dont effect its ability.
    It dose have both air scoops. low and high beam have their own relays after rewiring to siute higher wattage modern globes eh Xenon.
    Starts first time every time.Comes with photo copy of complete factory manual.
    Has a gear sack rack but not attached as I dont have the frame attachment brackets. Tyres are 80% and personalised plate XJK83.
    Contact me on 0412996433

Stuart

Attached Files:

14. Alive

Alive Active Member

Stuart... nice bike you have there :)

I'd be keen if you were advertising later in the year...

Looking to shift to Brisbane later in the year and will definately be looking for an XJ ;)

15. XJ900FJR

XJ900FJR New Member

Have had a look at your very nice XJ900RK and hope you will be bringing it over with you, stay in touch .
    Stuart

16. ozxj900

ozxj900 New Member

hi guys, im james and im from echuca/moama on the vic/nsw border, i have an 85 xj 900 and have a mate who i have just bought an 85 xj 750 for. both bikes are in impeccable condition and are ridden almost daily.

17. Ducatiman

Ducatiman New Member

Hi all im from Bundaberg QLD atm ridding a 81 xj750

18. ozxj900

ozxj900 New Member

got another one for the crew. my father in law just called me over to help get his new bike going. walked in to find a rather nice 81 xj 650, damn they look aggressive with that big round light and no fairings..

19. BonesBeMe

BonesBeMe New Member

yep g'day, have an 85 xj900, in the restoration process, from sunshine coast qld

20. XJ900FJR

XJ900FJR New Member

Hello Bonesbeme ,
    I have a '85 model as well as my wifes '83 ( see my gallery ) big learning curve at the moment as am gathering parts to biuld a XJ900 Cafe racer style XJ now that the other two stockers ( apart from Formulae 1 exhuasts are finished )

Cheers
    XJ900FJR