1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Help needed: how to remove the front fairing on a xj600 s 2003

Discussion in 'XJ DIY How-To Instructions' started by Donnie SC Lygonis, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Donnie SC Lygonis

Donnie SC Lygonis New Member

Excuse a noob question, but I am trying to remove the front fairing on my newly purchased old xj600s to get to a rattle that I can both see and feel under it.

However, I can't see how the inner panel (no 18 in the picture) attaches to the fairing/cowling (no 5) , I don't want to force it and risk breaking something.

then the four bolts that attach the fairing to the frame (no 17) I guess have to be removed from the inside (but are a ***** to get at), any tips for those?

Sorry again for maybe obvious questions but hoping someone with have an easy answer. Fairing.png

2. Tim morris

Tim morris Active Member Premium Member

As I never took that one apart I can say , Sometimes, You just don't have choices. Hard ones are part of the fun . Frustration tolerance building, lol. you'll have work though it . and have the tools necessary ,1/4 inch drive extension s swivel heads 12 +13 short box's strong fingers, walk away and comeback sometimes does it . Also sometimes more may have to come off before you can do what you want to do .it looks like it's a split faring?? Would removing that give you what you need ?? Sorry I can't be of more help .maybe someone else will be ,good luck .

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  3. Tim morris

Tim morris Active Member Premium Member

Ps someone put it together. So it can be done:)