1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New Member: Carb Sync/Vacuum Sync 83’ Xj750K

Discussion in 'XJ DIY How-To Instructions' started by LWR-750K, Apr 21, 2021.

?

Purchase YICS tool in addition to Gauge set?

1. Yes: Both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No: YICS tool not necessary, only gauge set.

100.0%
  3. Different syncing option after bench sync

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LWR-750K

LWR-750K New Member

Hey there guys. I’m new here, just purchased my first bike, an 1983 Xj750 Maxim, 13k original miles, garage kept, no surface rust with slight rust on center stand and exhaust collector. Prior owner said the carbs poured out gas when started, so my first clue was to pull the carbs and do a cleaning and rebuild with new carb internals (jets, gasket, needles). When pulling off the carbs I noticed that the air box boot to carb 4 was crimped and flusher sealed, could that cause the gas to pour out? Getting into the carbs, I noticed carb body 3 and 4 were slightly dirtier and has a little more varnish, but overall the carbs were not bad at all! I did also notice that that it look like the jets and gaskets had been replaced by a previous owner not all that long ago. I’ve just finished putting the carbs back together and I’ve just finished my first bench sync. I’ve been doing some reading about now what to do. I’ve been contemplating purchasing a gauge set to vacuum sync and make the fine tune adjustments. I’ve just confused on what to do and how to do so in regards to YICs passage on the 83. I’m new here, so I’m looking for any tips, tricks, and advice. I enjoy reading so let me know what I should do! Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Mezzmo

Mezzmo Active Member

Hi Mate,
    See link to one of my videos that might get you started. I have videos of my entire build, check out my channel when you have time. There's also a lot of good info on this forum so getting help shouldn't be a problem.

LWR-750K likes this.
  3. LWR-750K

LWR-750K New Member

Thanks Mezzmo! Funny enough, I have actually watched a few of your videos in preparation of my build! I’m just so cautious and love to get all the information and tips I can! But I appreciate it, I will double check and watch that video. Much appreciated!

4. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

do not worrie about the yics chamber it does not need to be blocked off. you will not be able to tell the differance in the tune

did you wet set the float fuel levels?