1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Re-wiring an Xj750 seca

Discussion in 'XJ DIY How-To Instructions' started by Erim Tezcan, May 4, 2021.

1. Erim Tezcan

Erim Tezcan New Member

Hey all, I’ve got an 81 xj750 seca that I’ve slowly been working on. Got it running last winter. Wiring harness was in bad shape so I decided to pull the harness and start from scratch. Long story short. Looking for advice/guidance on rewiring this thing. Anything would help. Thanks in advance. It’s been a labor of love so far and would love to got on it before summers end if not sooner!

2. Simmy

Simmy Well-Known Member

If you had the bike running then my recommendation is to restore the harness you have.
    Buy a 2nd wiring harness then decide which is in the best condition for restoration.
    Chances are that any harness you have will probably have a few broken connector blocks.
    Now the spare harness becomes a donor for any wiring or connector blocks you might need to replace.
    Keeping the wires all the same colours and stripes as the original wiring diagram will save headaches later.
    XJ4ever sell replacement connector blocks and terminals.

Now if it's a stripped down cafe racer and you've already ditched all the safety relays then a minimum harness might be the way to go.
    There are wiring diagrams on this forum for that, just search.
    Even if you go this route I would recommend using the same colour coded wires Yamaha use.

StarGeneral and Tim morris like this.