1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Rectangle Headlight and Atari Removal

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Manny Mercado, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Manny Mercado

Manny Mercado New Member

Hey All,

I followed through the instructions @cturek put together here (link) and got all the lights working except the headlight. I've checked the voltage at the terminal and I get less than 3V; checked the headlights independent of the bike and they worked.

Any clues or ideas to where I should look next? Thanks in advance.

2. Rooster53

Rooster53 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Was it working before the mod?

The bike needs to be started to engage the headlight relay. Is that how you are testing it?

The headlight relay can be temporarily bypassed by installing a jumper from the R/Y to L/B wire at the headlight relay mating socket and the headlight will illuminate with key on. The headlight relay is located under the left side cover near the TCI and Rectifier / Regulator on the 750 Seca.

The fuse box could be an issue, many of them corrode and break causing loss of contact.

Manny Mercado and hogfiddles like this.
  3. Manny Mercado

Manny Mercado New Member

ahh, that might be the issue; haven't started the bike yet. The lights were working fine before, and I was under the impression that the lights turned on before cranking the engine. I'll try that next. Thanks for the advice!