1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ750 Battery sensor

Discussion in 'XJ DIY How-To Instructions' started by IdahoSecaFan, May 18, 2018.

1. IdahoSecaFan

IdahoSecaFan New Member

Hi ya'll. I replaced the old, deader-than-a-doornail battery with a new, sealed battery for my '81 750 Seca. The bike, when new, had a sensor/probe that you placed into the 3rd (2nd?) cell near the positive terminal of the battery which was your battery sensor for the warning light on the control cluster. A previous owner of this bike removed that sensor (no idea why) and now, with a new sealed battery in there, the warning light for the battery and the brake flashes every time I start my bike until I press the warning button on the cluster. Any ideas for fixing or bypassing the warning light when a sealed battery is installed?

2. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  3. Rooster53

Rooster53 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Welcome to XJbikes and a great read to get started:

https://www.xjbikes.com/forums/threads/the-information-overload-hour.27544/

If you are getting the "BRK" warning be sure to check the fluid level in the master cylinder. The "BRK" warning is an alert for low fluid level in the master cylinder.

If you decide to build your own bypass for the battery monitor the 6.2K resistor is the best value.

4. IdahoSecaFan

IdahoSecaFan New Member

I appreciate the feedback, thanks!!